Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New uses for this blog

This blog started out as a place for me to write about the music that I listen to. I ran out of time. I don't spend enough time on music, other than my radio show, and though I wish I could write more about all the other music I listen to (the blogs where I can download out-of-print music, the songs I buy from my emusic monthly download contract, and so on), I just don't get around to it.

Another issues I'm going through is that, outside of work things, I read a lot of random crap on the web. I love it. Who doesn't? But it sucks me in, and I end up not spending enough time paying attention to writing while I consume what others wrote. Somehow, up to now, this blog has felt like a place I had set up only for music, and that's going to change. So, from now on, I'll start posting about anything that's on my mind that's not exactly work or family related - just random things I come across on the web. I'll reblog other people's good articles if I think it's something worth sharing. I'll comment on whatever I find, even if I'm totally off base. And yes, on a weekly basis (when I'm not out of town or skipping a show for some reason or other), I will continue to have short postings on my radio show. I think it's worth it to share the music I play on my show, and I think it's worth it for people who read here to find out more about music that they wouldn't otherwise find out about. So, for those who have this on their blogroll and haven't had anything show up in a while - thanks for tuning in. I hope I'm interesting enough for you to keep me around.

No comments:

Post a Comment